The top 10 New Year’s Resolutions in 2014, according to Statistic Brain, were:
- Lose Weight
- Getting Organized
- Spend Less, Save More
- Enjoy Life to the Fullest
- Staying Fit and Healthy
- Learn Something Exciting
- Quit Smoking
- Help Others in Their Dreams
- Fall in Love
- Spend More Time with Family
Sadly, only 8% of people are successful in achieving their resolution.
What to do against such odds?
A Bikram Yoga Challenge! No matter what your goals are, start the year off with a 30-day, or even a 60-day Bikram Yoga Challenge. Propel yourself to the best start to a new year!
Top Reasons to Sign-up for the 2015 PURE Bikram Yoga Challenge
- You will likely lose weight, build better habits to staying fit and healthy, maybe quit smoking (if you do), and learn something exciting about yourself along the way. Bikram Yoga is not only great for the body, but great for the mind!
- Getting organized and to enjoy life to the fullest starts with a healthy body. Students often say they don’t have time to commit to a 90-minute daily practice. However, one learns that a daily practice gives you more energy and alertness, that in fact you gain more productive time throughout the day. Quality time!
- Help others achieve their dreams. The beautiful thing about a collective yoga challenge is the community that is built and sustained to support great causes. Meet new people on the same path as you. Fall in love with yourself! The power of community is undeniable.
Five years ago, the PURE Bikram Yoga Challenge raised $45,000 for A Glimmer of Hope to build water wells in some of the most remote regions in Ethiopia. Our community’s generosity has impacted the lives of the women and children who used to walk 2 to 5 hours per day for water that was a source of waterborne diseases.
Over the last several years, the PURE Bikram Yoga Challenge raised funds to support PURE Action, Inc.’s efforts in scientific research and community yoga at Benchmark Center, Austin Recovery, and Seton McCarthy Community Center. We’ve impacted the lives of those suffering from addictions and hopelessness.
The sign-up fee of $30 for the 2015 PURE Bikram Yoga Challenge will support BOTH A Glimmer of Hope and PURE Action.
Together let’s make 2015 the model year of health, wellness, and community impact!
~ Jeff Chen